Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lefse Making Day!


Today is the DAY! Two years in the waiting...

I was WAY to tired last year to make lefse, the "cheater style" or the traditional style.

Cheater = using dried potato flakes, adding boiling water, cooling

Traditional = starting with raw potatoes: washing, peeling, cutting, boiling, mashing, rice-ing(special tool), cooling

3 children and WAY too many obligations put a lot of things on the "have-to-wait-list."

This year we are back to the usual family traditions: Christmas card, decorations on the tree (yes, last year it was only lights), lefse, rolled Christmas cookies, spritz cookies...

I love my friend Anne's comments:
"I think all non-Christmas activities should cease for the month of December so that families can really focus on each other and what this season is really all about. Just revel in some peace and meditate on Jesus. No cub scouts, no sports, no Awana, no small groups. Just family. Society doesn't have to go along with me, but that's how I plan to honor Christmas next December. A month-long Sabbath."

I WHOLE HEARTED-ly agree!! I'm with ya' Anne... next year we're going to take a December Sabbatical for the Morrison family too! Wonder what Dirk's boss will say when I tell him he can't go to work for the month? (just kidding, but a girl can wish can't she?)

Blessing and smiles to you all.
PS: for those of you who are wondering, since I mentioned Christmas cards, they are done... just not "posted" yet. They'll be in the mail soon... I just have to buy more stamps!

No comments: