Monday, December 15, 2008

Is it Santa?


The phone rang the other day, and like most days after school, I have so many things going at once, that the kids "helped" by answering the phone. Anika picked up and said "Hello, this is Anika..."

The voice on the other end said, "Hello Anika, This is Santa. Have you been a good girl? What do you want for Christmas?"

Anika was polite, but rather unimpressed... I think she answered flatly, "No you're not."

The voice said, "Oh, yes... I am. Rudolph just got out of his pen and I have to get him back in." (scuffle sounds in the background)

"Mmm... Santa's not real." CLICK. (she hung up the phone!)

My brother James called right "back" and laughingly told me about his short but sweet conversation with Anika... and that she hung up on him. I saw her walking by, and asked who was calling when the phone rang.

She said "It was your brother, Jon. He said he was Santa... but it was your brother."

She's a little too smart for her own good!!

2 comments:

Gordostyle said...

That's my girl! What a cutie-patootie!

Smiles!
Jen

BareFoot Finn said...

Do you have 2 brothers? LOL. I saw two different names!

My b-i-l calls and talks to the boys about monsters all the time...they tell him there is no such thing, then hand the phone to Randy or I.


How are your family memories coming along this year for Christmas?