Tuesday, April 29, 2008

busy busy week

OK -- too much stuff going on this week to take time to write out complete sentances so here you go...

Friday - Made it to the Y again!! Yeah, that made 3 times this week!! Grocery shopping with Anika and Liv - picked up kids at school - had Thor's friend Devin over until supper (burgers and veggies) - went to Vixie's B&B for the Dove Ladies Sleep Over (why do they call it a sleep over when no one sleeps?) - got home at 2 a.m. (why didn't I just "sleep" there?)

Saturday - tried to sleep in, but baby insisted on breakfast at 6 a.m. - tried to go back to sleep but kids instisted on breakfast at 7 a.m. -- tried to go back to sleep but hubby insisted I shower while baby napped - tried to go back to sleep but made waffles for families lunch instead - gave up trying to nap and went to town to do errands - 'window shopping" for a new ATV (I know what I want!!)

Sunday - Set up at Dove for Kids worship - Sunday Worship - Dinner at Dove hosted by the DCC Youth Group (great spaghetti dinner! and ice cream sundae's for dessert!!) - now I REALLY wanted a Nap!! I can't remember if I got one or not - watched Home Makeover 2 hr special (really good!) - planned my week on my calendar, weekly menues and shopping lists - went to bed!!

Monday - needed to make phone calls for MOPS to confirm with groups in ND if they are coming to the Council meeting on Saturday... shopped for the MOPS fundraiser (cooking class I am teaching) at Walmart... tried to get to YMCA, but ran out of time... watched "Carrier" on PBS about the US Navy (very well done!).

Tuesday - taught a MOPS Cooking class (lots of fun, turned out great!) - got lunch for the girls at McD's - went to Sioux Park to enjoy the wonderful (HOT) summer/spring day - took kids to Y and got to work out!! (yeah, burned off 345 calories!) Made Japanese Beef (sukiyaki) for the family and my mom and dad - got the kids to bed (mostly on time) and spent the rest of the evening on the computer with email, MOPS homework and "blogging" (still here....)

I just have to add one more thought before I go to bed tonight...
I am so VERY tired of people reading forwarded emails and believing them as credible sources of information! I cannot tell you how many people have sent me the "Obama" and "Oprah" forwards claiming all sorts of crazy exaggerated half-truthes.... I'm not saying I believe the emails are completely wrong... I'm just very tired of people reading the email, sending it on to everyone they know... and repeating the information like they just saw it happen in person!!

Don't these people understand the whole reason these stories are circulated over the email is becuase there is no way to prove them right... or wrong?? Snopes.com does help... but I've found my first reaction is to go to the source... It reminds me of the time when I was in Jr. High. A very well meaning neighbor and mother in our congregation read from a paper about a "conspiracy" in the Proctor and Gamble company to get rid of anything Christian in thier company. She read it during the usual "call for prayer requests" during our Sunday AM worship service. Goes to show how passionate she was -- and seriously concerned. There were quotes from the Phil Donahue show (shows you how old this was)... and "proof" from the labels of P/G products that had a symbol of a moon and stars "proving" that they were an anti-Christan company. P/G products did indeed have that symbol... so we all started to belive it completely... we were all encouraged to immediately ban all P/G products.

Someone wrote or called the Phil D. show asking for a transcript of the show, so they could have further "proof" of this abomination... The Phil D. show claimed there was never a show where a P/G President was the guest, or even made a comment on a show of a different topic. At the time, many people thought the Phil D show was "in" on the conspiracy to "cover it up."

Not too long ago I got an email telling the exact same story about the P/G company, though they had updated some of the "facts." I think the President was now a CEO, and was supposed to have been quoted on the Good Morning America (or Today or ??). Frankly, I've gotten to the point, that if my incoming emial hasn't been personally written by the person sending it, I delete it without question, without guilt. I have no time for "cutsie little stories"... and I certainly don't believe any of the crazy "Stella Award" stories for stupid lawsuits (also easily researched to be falsified stories).... But here are a couple of crazy stories that are supposedly true... and are backed up at Snopes.com.

• A man sued his doctor because he survived his cancer longer than the doctor predicted.

• Two robbers were in the process of their crime when one changed his mind and arrested the other.

• A woman had her husband's ashes made into an egg timer when he died so he could still "help" in the kitchen.

• Only 68 of 200 Anglican priests polled could name all Ten Commandments, but half said they believed in space aliens.

Personally the only one I'm inclinded to believe is the last one... but who knows?

No comments: