Saturday, February 23, 2008

don't have time for much... but...

Liv is holding her hands up to me and doing the "pick me up sign"... (for her that means pulling her fingers in and out of a fist... Do you get the picture?) But I just HAVE to get a new Anika-ism on the blog tonight...

Scene: Breakfast
Characters (literally): Dirk & Anika
Time: just after breakfast
Setting: Kitchen, during post-breakfast clean-up

Dirk: this kitchen is SUCH a mess (grumpy face)... am I going to have to spend the whole weekend at home just to clean it up??

Anika: (from hallway) Daddy, ....

Dirk: (not hearing Anika) I mean, look at this... there is baby food on the floor. There is goo all over her chair.... Actually, there is goo on EVERY chair....

Anika: Daddy...

Dirk: Yes?

Anika: Daddy, I haven't ever seen your smile 'afore. I would really like to see your smile.

Dirk: (laughing...)

Anika: See daddy, I saw your smile when you were laughing!

No comments: