Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Liv is growing up!!


ok.. It's probably unfair to post new "happenings" with Liv, and not post a current pictuer... but I don't have a picture a the moment... Liv is sleeping... so I'm not going to wake her... and if I don't get this blog done now, while she is sleeping... I'm in danger of never getting it done!!

Liv has had a big month as far as baby milestones:
- she started sitting up on her own
- she can pull herself up to a standing position
- she is crawling
- she is waving bye-bye
- she wants to give kisses, but trust me, no one really wants one from her (too WET!)

Pretty good for our little 8 month old! This morning I left Anika and Liv at home with my dad for the morning while I went to Zion to make Julekake with Thor's 2nd grade class. (christmas bread) As I was leaving, I waved goodbye to Liv and said in my best baby-mommie talk "bye-bye"... Liv was doing her usual "mommie I don't want you to leave - laugh - cry" and said clear as a bell..."bye - bye"... My dad and I were both speachless... I have a witness for this, so it's not shameless mommy bragging!! But I couldn't get her to repeat it when I got home today???

Since I didn't have any good pics of the kids today, I thought I'd share some pics
from one of our favorite Christmas books -- The Christmas Treasury by Jan Brett. The stories are wonderful, adventuresome and fun, even for growing-up boys... but the drawings are the MOST amazing kids's-book illustrations I've ever seen. Thor, Anika and I all love "The Trouble with Trolls."

No comments: