Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Crazy

Just got home from spending a fun afternoon at Gp's Moeller's. Not like it's far away... just down the street. But somehow, when we get there no one wants to move (after dinner)... even it it's less than 100 yards to get to our house!

Mom and Dad had a great dinner of baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravey, veggies, bread.... and warm apple crisp with ice cream for dessert. I REALLY wanted to take a nap after dinner, but Thor needed to get ready for hockey practice (3:30 p.m.) and Dirk wanted to get our drives and sidewalks "blown" of the snow. He hadn't had a chance to blow snow since the last snow fall on Friday. We have a lovely blanket, with a few inches of snow ... frosty trees, etc. It really looks like Christmas now!

Everyone has been asking.. I'm not sure why... but I give the same answer... Yes, I love the snow... all of November and December, snow is GREAT! Then, by the end of January I'm DONE with it. I'd love to spend February and March in 50-60 degree weather, with just nice rain... but no mud.... I know - it's not a physical possiblity... but that is my "dream" world. So yes, the snow now is great... we're supposed to have snow, it's Christmas!

Anika, Liv and I stayed home the rest of the afternoon and made Spritz cookies with Grandpa and Grandma. Liv was her normal happy self until JUST before I was ready to get the cookies put out on the pan. She just wouldn't be consoled by anyone... so Grandpa picked her up, to discover she was REALLY wet all over... how silly were we. She hadn't been changed since before she went down for a nap... and was quite upset about it all. 10 mintues later and dry diaper in place... and we were back on track... baking cooking and making memories!

Now we're getting ready to watch The Amazing Race -- eat a little popcorn and snuggle in for the night. Hope you are having a cozy eveing too?!

No comments: