Sunday, July 15, 2007

New "old" Blaster!


Dirk's been working hard, and the rest of us get to have all the fun!! I think that is his theme for life... but anyway, now you all know the secret of why I love this man!! Dirk is making a deal with Layne for buying the old Blaster from the farm... so we can have enough recreational vehicles for our whole family to trek around in the woods... the Blaster wasn't exactly in the best of shape when it arrived... didn't run; the seat had no upholstery left; the tires were going flat... And now look at it! Dirk pressure washed the whole deal (at work) -- it was amazing how much cleaner it looked! Then we recovered the seat with blue poly...

The funniest part was when Dirk was working on the "mechanics" -- he opened the air cleaner and the whole cavity was full of soybeans (and mice pooh!!). Hmm... don't think it will start that way!! Then after a new spark plug (the real problem according to Dirk) everything has been running great! I'm even learning how to drive an ATV that has to be shifted... I thought for sure I wanted a 4-wheeler that was automatic, but really I could get used to this one with no problem!


So if you miss us all as we ZIP past you on our way to the hills...we'll try to wave and say hello on our way!! (oh yeah, Liv hasn't had a ride yet, but I'm working on getting used to it before I put her in the tummy-pack and go for a ride!)

No comments: