Sunday, July 8, 2007

Friday and Saturday this week was my annual MOPS Steering Team Retreat!! Actually we missed last year due to crazy scheduling issues... but one of the things I love most in my life right now is MOPS. There were 8 of us (plus Liv -- who got to tag along because she is still nursing) and it really was a totally fun weekend. We stayed in a pretty cool Victorian B&B in Hot Springs... went out for coffee at the Flat Iron Coffee (bar? house? shop? can't remember the name right now) which was even cooler than our B&B... and basically just had a great time staying up late doing lots of girl-talk until about 1 a.m! (picture is the official MOPS graphic/theme for this year)

This year I get the added adventure of being a regional field leader for MOPS, which basically means MOPS will be sending me lots more information and resources that I need to pass along to the individual groups in our area (Western SD and ND)... and occasionally plan a "get-together" for all the MOPS leaders in our area. Let me see... I get in on all the BEST gossip FIRST... and I HAVE to call all the group leaders and chat, at least by phone, if not in person... and I HAVE to plan at least one get-together party a year for all the girls?? I don't think this will be a problem!!

>



As you can see, my little Anika has been busy taking pictures again... she really does pretty good... The kids and Dirk are out for a neighborhood bike ride tonight. The weather is PERFECT this evening... high of 80 today, and no wind at all. There were scattered showers (and lightning) to the hills far west of us... but no rain here. Of course, we'd love more rain... but maybe tomorrow? Liv is just waking up from her last nap of the day, and I really need to get her up and feed her. She's going to try sweet potatoes for the first time tonight!! We'll see how that goes! She didn't care for bananas much, but loved the plain yogurt. Intersting?!?

No comments: