Monday, August 10, 2009

The usual....

Can you believe I've been home more than a week now and I still haven't uploaded any pictues from New Mexico? Crazy. Maybe it's becuase I had bedding and towels from 8 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms (NM house + SD house) and plenty of regular laundry.... a laundry room/storage area that had gotten WAY out of control.... and an upstair storage closet that couldn't really be opened for fear of what would fall on a person (well... that would be me... since I'm the only one around to organize!! for now...)

I feel like this IS my house again. It feels very nice actually. I've caught up on the two TV shows I still like... HBO's "Big Love" and TNT's "The Closer." Now I'm back to reading books like I did all of June and July.

I fell in love with a new author... for those who might not know me my fav style of book is Christian Fiction... I raided the Wal-Mart book section (if you didn't hear before, the only shopping with in 90 miles)... Here was my Library:

This was probably my 2nd fav of the summer. Set in the early years of Seattle, WA... about a logger looking for a bride...


This was 3 short stories under one cover... had a bit of mystery, history and of course a touch of romance.


I'm actually not done with this one yet... another 3 in 1 story. It's good, set in modern day South Carolina. Modern "life" stories just aren't the escape I'm looking for sometimes... It's a good book... but I probably will finish other before I get back to this one.

Read this one with Thor... how fun it was to re-live the series I read many times over as a kid!


This book is HILLARIOUS... I love the author's style. As you can see I've read 3 by her this summer. She keeps the plot moving quickly in all her books. As the title eludes, it takes place in Texas... about a spinster of 30 years!!


I liked this one for the history of the city of San Francisco -- early gold rush days. Also has a good lesson about not judging people from appearances, or even actions... no one knows the heart but God.

By far the best read of my summer. I read it in about 2 days. Once I started I just had to read it through. I've heard some people are offended by the authors choices in portraying God in a more earthly human form. But really, if YOU were going to have a face to face experience with God -- how would HE chose to present Himself to you?? I sure don't know... but GOD does!!

No comments: