Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Most Important Conversation... ever!!


Anika - Christmas 2005 (2 years old).... Seems like just yesterday!!


Anika today:


Riding in the car is THE PLACE for "eternal conversations!?" Who Knew??

Anika was watching a "Bibleman" DVD in the middle seat of the Suburban on the way home from hockey practice tonight. Bibleman quotes lots of verses as he "fights" the bad guys. He quoted John 3:16. Anika said "That is MY verse" (because she memorized that particular verse for her classes presentation in Chapel at school about a month ago).

She starts saying the verse to herself...

"Mom what does 'perish' mean?"

"It means to die."

"Mom, am I going to have eternal life?"

Thor says "Not if you haven't asked Jesus into your heart"

I add, "Well... have you asked Jesus to be your Savior?"

"Mom... he is EVERYONEs Savior."

"Yes, but have you asked Him to forgive your sin? Have you asked Jesus into your life? Have you asked Jesus into your heart?"

"I'll ask him... (I could hear her folding her hands and starting to talk to Him...) He said 'Yes."

Thor and I both got excited for her... I told her the angels in heaven were having a party for her... because she had grown up enough to know that SHE needed Jesus!!

"Anika, now you can be baptized"

"No mom, I don't want to... I'm not big enough."

"Yes, honey.. when you are old enough to pray to Jesus by yourself and ask Him to forgive your sins, you are old enough to be baptized."

"But... do I have to do it THIS Sunday?"

"No... just when you are ready, when Jesus tells you it's time."

"Well, mom... do I have to open my eyes when I'm under the water?"

"No, honey... your under the water for such or short time... just a quick dunk and then you are 'Up."

"But mom... I WANT to open my eyes... I want to see what is going on down there?!"

To be continued...(we'll talk with daddy first, then let her decide when she wants to be baptized).

1 comment:

Gordostyle said...

Have I mentioned that she is absolutely ADORABLE? Wow... Love it!

Smiles,
Jen