Monday, August 6, 2007

Summer Fun


Only 22 days until Thor starts school again... Can you believe it? He is ready to be back with his friends -- but I'm still enjoying the time away from our regular routine. If you talk to Dirk, you'll know I never miss an opportunity to have fun! This weekend we had a great time at home... listening to the Sturgis Rally Bikers go by.

Anika tried a new thing, the "tag-along" bike. It makes any grown-up bike into a bicycle-built-for-two. Dirk had Anika "tagging" with him, and I pulled the trailer for Liv. As you can see in the pictures Liv wasn't totally happy... but really, that was just when I stopped to take the picture. As long as I kept moving she was a VERY happy camper! This might have to be my new exercise routine?? .
Every time I stopped biking, Liv broke into the 2nd Level (this means I'm serious) crying! Anika loved the tag-along bike too... and even gave daddy a break from peddling once and a while! (as long as they were coasting she could peddle "for him")

Here is a picture of our newest "fun stuff"... and part of the reason I didn't get a blog posted last week. We got a pick-up slide in, pop-top camper. (Lots of names for a really small camper!). Anyway -- it's a basic model, no bathroom, but a real fridge and freezer, and an AC unit too.
It's going back to the camper place for a few repairs... but they are a little busy during Sturgis week, so I decided not to leave it at the Camper Store while we waited for them to have time to fix it. We're planning on taking it out a couple more times this year. Who knows? it might even get used during hunting season?

The 2nd thing is our new trailer for the ATVs and bikes. Now we're all set to go for a weekend of mountain trails and camping! I'll let you know how Liv feels about her first 4-wheeler ride!

smiles,
N and gang

No comments: