Friday, June 1, 2007






Did anyone hear me say that this week was going to be a quiet week at home... nothing going on at all?? so boring... we'd get a lot of quiet time togehter?? I must have been dreaming (or as Dirk says... 'smokin' dope'??... TOTALLY kidding... no illegal substnaces here).






Anyway -- when we got home from Thor's baseball game on Tuesday there was a note in our door from our good friends the Krabbenhofts, who moved to Alaska last summer. Thor and Nicholas were very good friends and missed each other lots, especially over the summer months. The K's were here for a short visit, and had a day or two this week to visit us... so we planned a play date for Wednesday morning (the sooner the better according to Thor!). Of course, during the play time, Thor and Nick plotted together to get the mom's to allow a sleepover that night... how could we refuse? Who knows when they would get a chance to play together again... Needless to say, they had a wonderful 24 hours playing... lots of Star Wars and Narnia play "fighting!"




Today was a little less adventurous, but I did get my first Mommie Field trip out of the house with NO children. Even Liv stayed home with daddy -- who by the way did a perfect job with her feeding and nap time schedule! (must be all the past experience?) Anyway, I enjoy 3 hours in town by myself, visiting the ObGyn (excitment...??) then my favorite consignment shop, my favorite kitchen store and topped the afternoon off with my favorite cold drink, a Heath Mocha Big Train! Dirk asked me if I missed the kids... ?? All of you mommies know the answer to that... OF COURSE... but getting 3 hours alone wasn't TOO much time away!




Tonight Anika experimented with the camera... and I think she did a pretty good job... take a look at her snapshot of Liv and me... then I got a couple of Dirk and Anika... Daddy was bothering us while we were trying to watch "I don't know what to wear" (Anika's version of What Not to Wear).

No comments: